Dolce is a community choir. This does not mean that we are located within a geographical community or neighbourhood. It means that through our members' participation in organising the choir and singing together, through inclusivity, shared effort and even through disagreement and disappointments we are building our own Dolce Community.
The Dolce community is strengthened by its openness to new members, by the sharing of work and leadership and by our links to other communities, including the wider music community in Dublin and beyond, community groups in the areas from which we draw members and particularly through our links to members’ families and friends.
- A strong sense of inclusivity, equality and camaraderie means that from the time you join Dolce you can expect to feel very welcomed.
- We love our parties, cultural activities, various outings and just getting together whatever the occasion reflecting the friendship and harmony within.
- Belonging to a family of people from all walks and various stages of life can bring a new and interesting dimension to members’ lives.
- We highly value our contribution to the community by putting our hard musical work into action and provide entertaining concerts to fund-raise, help awareness and sing the occasional religious service
- By pursuing our love of singing through dedication, work and commitment we grow, perform and achieve as a team and reap the benefits of fulfilment together and as individuals.