We strive for musical excellence in every piece of music we learn and perform. With each piece we sing we endeavour to provide a performance of exceptional quality, and seek out its musical value that includes interpretation of the text, context of the music, and intent of the music composition to convey emotion.
In aspiring for excellence in musicality it reminds us that we value:-
- Placing special focus on learning, especially the development of our vocal abilities, harmony and understanding of music.
- Starting our rehearsals on time with a few exercises to help relax and energise leaving our troubles at the door. Then a few technical exercises to help improve our breathing, intonation and reading skills as well as warming up our voices gently and safely.
- Being ambitious in our music choice, by challenging and taking on a variety of acapella and accompanied pieces in each term. Sometimes being creative and stepping out of our comfort zone, so we discover our own personal abilities and collective talents.
- Being dedicated & committed by learning our music, attending rehearsals & events.
- Responsibility – for realising our individual talent and our mutual success.
- Reliability – consistently performing with great passion and quality so our audience are uplifted and see our values in use.
- Professionalism by following the leadership of our MD, being well organised, and progressing together as a team to achieve harmonious results.